Tradition. Experience. Values. People. Passion. This is RadiciGroup. High performance engineering polymer production began in the 1980s.
Tradition, experience, passion, and, above all, people. These are the pillars of RadiciGroup, whose history goes back over 70 years. The Group’s industrial venture started in 1941 with a small textile company, which over the years has grown, evolved and transformed itself into an internationally recognized organization.In 1981, RadiciGroup began to diversify into the polymers industry with the creation of a new company, Radici Novacips SpA, its first Italian production site based in Villa d’Ogna, Bergamo. Today this firm is the headquarters of the RadiciGroup High Performance Polymers Business Area.
Engineering polymers production sites
The success of the first polyamide and polyester engineering polymers manufactured at the Italian facility in Villa d’Ogna soon led RadiciGroup to make new investments in the polymers industry. In 1988, a second compounding plant was set up in Chignolo d’Isola, Bergamo.
In the 1990s, the Group’s growth in engineering polymers manufacturing continued with the 1997 opening of the Radici Plastics LTDA production site in Brazil, followed in 1998 by the creation of Radici Plastics GmbH in Lünenburg, Germany.
In 2006, RadiciGroup inaugurated Radici Plastics (Suzhou) Co., Ltd, its first engineering polymers manufacturing plant in China.
Then, to strengthen its presence in the North American market, in 2010 the Group acquired the American compounder Michael Day Enterprises (MDE) in Wadsworth, Ohio, through Radici Plastics USA Inc.
In 2015, Radici Plastics Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V. was founded: RadiciGroup expanded its presence in the North America market by acquiring the polyamide engineering polymers division of Resinas TB, a Mexican industrial group with over 40 years of experience.
In 2016, RadiciGroup High Performance Polymers acquired the Engineering Polymer Solutions business of the North American group Invista and strengthened its presence in Europe through the acquisition of RadiciPlastics B.V. in the Netherlands. Moreover, the business area improved productivity in the North American market.
In 1989, just a few years after opening the production site in Villa d’Ogna, RadiciGroup began to lay the foundation of its international sales network by setting up Radici Plastics France SA. Seven years later, the Group established Radici Plastics UK Ltd., its sales unit in Britain.
In 1998, two American sales sites of Radici Plastics USA Inc. were opened, one in Rochester Hills, MI, and the other in Gastonia, NC.
During the same year, a further investment was made in the European market by launching Radici Plastics GmbH, with sales offices in Hamburg.
In 2000, RadiciGroup built up its sales network through the founding of Radici Plastics Iberica SL in La Carolina, Spain, and, in 2006, opened a route to the Asian market by setting up Radici Plastics Modi Pvt. Ltd., a joint venture with the Indian Modi Group.
In 2015, RadiciGroup acquired 100% of the Modi Group, thus creating Radici Plastics India Pvt. Ltd. In 2017, Radici Plastics Iberica SL moved its sales offices to Barcelona, Spain.
View our sales network.
Engineering polymers production today
Currently, the RadiciGroup High Performance Polymers Business Area has eight production sites located in Europe, North America, South America and Asia.
Production chain sustainability, know-how, innovation and flexibility, on top of vertically integrated nylon production and customer-oriented service. All these strengths have made RadiciGroup one of the most important players in the global high performance polymers market.
History Timeline of the High Performance Polymers Business Area
- 1981 – Opening of a production site in Villa d’Ogna, Italy.
- 1988 – Opening of a sales unit in France.
- 1988 – Opening of a production site in Chignolo d’Isola, Italy.
- 1989 – Opening of a sales unit in France.
- 1996 – Opening of a sales unit in the United Kingdom.
- 1997 – Opening of a production unit in Brazil.
- 1998 – Opening of sales offices in the USA.
- 1998 – Acquisition of a production site and creation of a sales network in Germany.
- 2000 – Opening of Radici Plastics Iberica SL in Spain.
- 2006 – Joint venture with the Indian Modi Group and opening of a sales unit in India.
- 2006 – Opening of a production unit in China.
- 2010 – Opening of a production site in the USA.
- 2015 – Opening of a production site in Mexico.
- 2015 – Acquisition of 100% of Radici Plastics Modi Pvt. Ltd. and the creation of Radici Plastics India Pvt. Ltd. to strengthen production and sales presence in India.
- 2016 – Acquisition of the Engineering Polymer Solutions business of the American company Invista in the USA and RadiciPlastics B.V. in the Netherlands.