Polyamide and polyester flame-retardant thermoplastic engineering polymers for injection moulding and extrusion.
The Radiflam® product range comprises flame-retardant thermoplastic engineering polymers based on polyamides and polyesters suitable for applications where safety requires resistance to flame spread.
Flame-retardant thermoplastic compounds for injection moulding and extrusion
Radiflam® flame-retardant thermoplastic engineering polymers can be processed by injection moulding. Moreover, Radiflam® products for extrusion moulding have recently been developed. Typical applications for the latter materials include: cable connectors, housings, electrical/electronic parts, automotive parts, such as connectors, and also safety parts for the industrial and construction sectors.
UL-certified Radiflam® flame-retardant engineering thermoplasticsRadiflam® products meet Underwriters Laboratories requirements for a UL 94 V-0 flammability rating. Most of the grades available on the market are UL-listed and have been issued a UL Yellow Card.
Engineering polymers with flame-retardant additives for any application needFive different flame-retardant additives are used in Radiflam® flame-retardant engineering polymers depending on customer needs, safety regulations and the application characteristics of the finished part.
More in detail, the Radiflam® product range includes:
- Radiflam® HF: reinforced, flame-retarded, halogen- and phosphorous-free products with excellent mechanical and electrical properties, excellent flame-retardant characteristics and low specific weight; dyeable.
- Radiflam® AF: reinforced products flame-retarded with red phosphorous additive, featuring good mechanical and electrical properties; available only in natural (dark red) or black.
- Radiflam® FR: unreinforced, flame-retarded, halogen- and phosphorous-free products with good flame-retardant characteristics and incandescent wire resistance; dyeable to several colours.
- Radiflam® AE: products flame-retarded with halogen derivatives, featuring excellent resistance and incandescent wire resistance, good heat stability and dyeability; compound density greater than other product families.
- Radiflam® RV-FR: reinforced products flame-retarded with inorganic additives, featuring good flame-retardant properties, low optical density and low fume toxicity; particularly suitable for transportation and railway applications. Modest mechanical properties (impact strength, in particular) and high specific weight.
See the Radiflam® product technical data sheets, or click here to view the other RadiciGroup High Performance Polymers products.