Flame-retardant polyamide and polyester engineering polymers for injection moulding and extrusion.
The Radiflam® range includes flame-retardant polyamide engineering thermoplastics suitable for applications where fire safety requires resistance to the spread of flames
Flame-retardant thermoplastics for injection moulding and extrusion
Radiflam® thermoplastic compounds based on PA6, PA6.6, speciality PA and PBT provide the ideal solution for the manufacture of plastic components that require, besides physical and mechanical performance, flame-retardant and self-extinguishing properties to ensure the safety of people and goods.
Radiflam® flame-retardant engineering thermoplastics can be processed by injection moulding or extrusion. Typical applications include: electrical/electronics components, such as connectors and housings; automotive components, such as engine covers; and safety components for the industrial and construction industries.
Certification for Radiflam® flame-retardant engineering thermoplastics
Radiflam® products meet Underwriters Laboratories requirements for a UL 94 V-0 flammability rating. Most of the grades available for sale on the market are UL-listed and have been issued a UL Yellow Card.
Engineering plastics with flame-retardant additives for any application need
Five different flame-retardant additives are used in Radiflam® flame-retardant engineering plastics depending on customer needs, safety regulations and the application characteristics of the final plastic part.
More in detail, the Radiflam product range includes:
• Radiflam® HF: reinforced, flame-retarded, halogen- and phosphorous-free products with excellent mechanical and electrical properties, excellent flame-retardant characteristics and low specific weight; dyeable.
• Radiflam® AF: reinforced products flame-retarded with red phosphorous additive, featuring good mechanical and electrical properties; available only in natural (dark red) or black.
• Radiflam® FR: unreinforced, flame-retarded, halogen- and phosphorous-free products with good flame-retardant characteristics and incandescent wire resistance; dyeable to several colours.
• Radiflam® AE: products flame-retarded with halogen derivatives, featuring excellent resistance and incandescent wire resistance, good heat stability and dyeability; compound density greater than products of other Radiflam families.
• Radiflam® RV-FR, reinforced products flame-retarded with inorganic additives, featuring good flame-retardant characteristics, low optical density and low fume toxicity; modest mechanical properties (impact strength, in particular) and high specific weight; particularly suitable for transportation and railway applications.
See the Radiflam engineering plastics technical data sheets, or view the other RadiciGroup Plastics products.