Tradition. Experience. Values. People. Passion. This is RadiciGroup. The production of engineering plastics started back in the Eighties.
RadiciGroup started to diversify into the plastics industry in 1981 with the creation of Radici Novacips SpA, the first production facility in Italy based in Villa d’Ogna (BG). Today it is the headquarters of RadiciGroup’s Plastics business area.
Creation of the engineering plastics production sites
The success of the first polyamide and polyester engineering plastics products manufactured at the Italian site of Villa d’Ogna soon encouraged the company to make new investments in the plastics sector. A second compounding production plant was opened in Chignolo d’Isola (BG) in 1988.
The growth in engineering plastics production continued during the Nineties: in 1997, a production site, Radici Plastics LTDA, was opened in Brazil, followed, in 1998, by the creation of the German company Radici Plastics GmbH based in Lüneburg and the US company Radici Plastics USA Inc based in Rochester Hills and Gastonia (MI).
In 2006, RadiciGroup launched Radici Plastics (Suzhou) Co., Ltd, the first engineering plastics production plant in China.
Then, in 2010, it acquired the US compounder MDE based in Wadsworth (Ohio) allowing it to strengthen its presence in the North American market through Radici Plastics USA Inc.
Radici Plastics Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V was opened in 2015: the RadiciGroup plastics business area expanded its presence in the North American market by acquiring the “polyamide engineering plastics ” business branch of Resinas TB, a Mexican business with over 40 years’ experience in the plastics industry.
In 2016, through the acquisition of the Engineering Polymer Solutions business of the North American Invista, RadiciGroup Performance Plastics strengthens its presence in Europe (RadiciPlastics B.V. ,The Netherlands) and increases its capacity in the North American market.
The sales network
In 1989, a few years after opening the production site in Villa d’Ogna, RadiciGroup started to lay the foundations for its international sales network and set up Radici Plastics France SA. Seven years later it opened its UK sales site Radici Plastics UK Ltd.
In 1998, it was the turn of the US sales sites Radici Plastics USA Inc. based in Rochester Hills and Gastonia (MI).
In the same year, further investment was made in the European market with the opening of Radici Plastics GmbH, provided with sales sites in Reutlingen, Viernheim, Bergisch Gladbach and Hamburg.
RadiciGroup consolidated its presence in the plastics sector in 2000 with the establishment of Radici Plastics Iberica SL in La Carolina, Spain. Then, in 2006, it turned to the Indian market and opened Radici Plastics Modi P.ltd through a joint venture with the Modi group. In 2015, RadiciGroup acquired 100% shares of the Indian company, setting up Radici Plastics India P.ltd.
View our sales network and discover the wide range of products offered by the RadiciGroup plastics business area.
The production of engineering plastics today
Today, the RadiciGroup Plastics business area has production sites located in Europe, North and South America and Asia.
Attention to production chain sustainability, know-how, innovation and flexibility, in addition to vertically integrated polyamide production and customer focus have made the company one of the leading players in the global engineering plastics market.
Brief history of the RadiciGroup plastics business area
- 1981 – opening of production site in Villa d’Ogna – Italy
- 1988 – opening of production site in Chignolo d’Isola, Italy
- 1989 – opening of sales site in France
- 1996 – opening of sales site in the United Kingdom
- 1997 – opening of production site in Brazil
- 1998 – opening of sales and production sites in USA
- 1998 – acquisition of production site in Germany and relevant sales network
- 2000 – opening of Radici Plastics Iberica SL in Spain
- 2006 – joint venture with Indian group Modi and opening of sales unit in India
- 2006 – opening of production site in China
- 2010 – opening of new production site in USA
- 2015 – opening of production site in Mexico
- 2015 – RadiciGroup strengthens its production and sales presence in India by acquiring 100% of Radici Plastics Modi P.Ltd (creation of Radici Plastics India P.Ltd)
- 2016 – United States of America and The Netherlands – the acquisition of the engineering polymer solutions business of the American company Invista.