Radici Plastics India Pvt. Ltd. research a HSE Manager
Radici Plastics INDIA PVT LTD is the indian company of the High Performance Polymers Business Unit of RadiciGroup, one of the world’s leading producers of a wide range of chemical intermediates, polyamide polymers, engineering plastics, synthetic fibres, with approximately 3,000 employees, and a network of production and sales sites located throughout Europe, North America, South America and Asia.
The HSE Manager of Radici Plastics INDIA PVT LTD has the responsibility to coordinate the activities related to the protection of the environment, and to the workers' health and safety in the production plant (Halol), warehouses and administrative and staff/administrative offices of the Company, in compliance with legal and other requirements. In particular, the HSE Manager has the role of independently implementing policies at all work locations (as applicable by law and regulation); deals with the management of environmental issues; is responsible for the Company's health & safety and environmental management system; develops, implements and administers HSE programs and procedures for sites operation.
The candidate will work in HSE Department and will report to the Country Director.
- budgeting and reporting activities: prepare HSE budgets and reports;
- build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders (authorities, RadiciGroup employees, customers, suppliers, regulatory bodies and other interested parties);
- monitor the context of the areas of competence, analyze problematic situations and occurrences representing risks or opportunities and provide solutions to ensure Department stability and growth;
- maintain a deep knowledge of the Company's materials, projects, processes, customers, etc. as well as of the relevant international standards and of any valuable innovation in the area of competence, to support strategic decision-making;
- ensure compliance with legal requirements and internal guidelines. Enforce adherence of every aspect of the company's operational and business activities under own competence to relevant laws and regulations as well as corporate, Division's and company policies and procedures, to maintain the company's legality and business ethics;
- responsibility for the establishment, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of the Company's management system, in accordance with all applicable requirements in the fields of environmental protection, energy management and workers’ health & safety; the activities have to be managed in coordination with the QA Function;
- responsibility over operational activities within the Area under own responsibility, consistently with the procedures and guidelines defined by Division's Structures to ensure the achievement of desired results. Including but not limited to following aspects:
- support the right attitude and tools for an injury-free working environment;
- monitor and participate with the Industrial Dept. on the evaluation, request, and execution of HSE investments;
- lead health and safety hazards and risks identification, evaluation and mitigation programs;
- plan, deliver and follow-up on internal and external trainings to own team and to other company teams on relevant HSE topics;
- support R&D and Supply Chain in the Suppliers selection, evaluation, development process and the new raw material approval process;
- responsibility for the validation and on-site availability of raw material SDS;
- supervise the management of waste, including classification, characterization, storage, and treatment; support the management of hazardous chemicals;
- support the management of Personal Protective Equipment;
- coordinate OCS activities by following BA procedure, as OCS Program Manager;
- lead the planning, execution, and follow-up on all HSE audit and inspections activities including internal, customer, supplier, and third-party audits;
- coordinate all other functions for the collection, analysis, and improvement of performance data (KPl, GRI, …), while being directly responsible for HSE area indicators
- take the lead in major incident investigations;
- plan and ensure effectiveness of emergency response and contingency plans.
- internal auditor qualification in accordance with ISO45001:2018 and ISO14001:2015 standards
- SAP knowledge
- office knowledge
- bachelor's degree in Environmental or Safety Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the HSE Department of a manufacturing Company
- advance oral and written English
- availability to travel frequently in India and sometimes out of India
Location: Halol, Gujarat